Hopefully this quick recipe will do for you what it's done for me, and that's save Pork Chop night!
Here's what you'll need:
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp canola oil
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 2 large potatoes, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 celery stalks, diced small
- 2 large onions, diced small
- 2 large carrots, diced small
- 1/2 Lime squeezed for juice.
- 4 boneless center-cut loin pork chops
Here's what you do:
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix ketchup, brown sugar, soy sauce, oil, chili powder, allspice and pepper. Make sure to take your time mixing these ingredients so that everything is perfectly blended.
- Dip the pork chops into the sauce, coating both sides. Then set to the side on a plate. The best thing to do if you're making these ahead of time would be to cover the plate with saran wrap and return to the fridge. Once the chops are to the side, add the prepped veggies to the mix and make sure they're equally coated. It's important to make sure your veggies are chopped the same size so they will cook evenly.
- Next, break out your tin foil. What we're going to do here is tear off 4 sheets about 8" by 8". Place the Pork Chop in the center of the sheet and then scoop about 1/4 of the veggies on top of it. Fold your foil square up to create a tightly sealed pocket for the Chop. Repeat this process for your other three Chops. Place all 4 individually wrapped chops on a baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven for approximately 35 minutes, using a meat thermometer to check your temperatures.
- Serve Chops with their cooking juices and the veggies, side with rice, fresh veggies, bread, or whatever you might like.
I hope you enjoy!